Part 1: Uploading the document
- In OU Campus, navigate to your site's main folder. (Click on "Pages" in the top-left corner)
- Select the "docs" folder and open it
- Click "Upload"
- Click "Add" or drag the document from your desktop into the upload window (you can add multiple files at one time)
- If you clicked "Add", navigate to the file inside the upload window and select the file
- Make sure the file name is accepted by OU Campus > if its not, the file name will be red. File names in OU Campus cannot contain spaces or wildcard characters (&,%,(), etc.). To fix, click "rename" and remove the unaccepted characters. Example acceptable file name: "your-file.pdf"
- Click "Start Upload"
- Find the newly uploaded document in your docs folder in OU Campus, hover over it, click the Publish menu, and select "Publish".
Part 2: Linking to the document from a webpage
- In OU Campus, navigate to the page where you want to add the document
- Open the editor by clicking "Main Content"
- Find the are on the page you want to add the document link and place your cursor there
- Type the link text you want users to see
- Highlight the link text
- Select the "Insert/Edit Hyperlink" button on your toolbar
- In the URL bar of the window, select the Browse button (looks like a folder with a magnifying glass)
- Select the "docs" folder
- Select the document you want to link
- Click "Insert"
- OPTIONAL - to make this link a button, select the "Class" drop down menu on the Insert Link window, scroll through the options and select "Button Link (HOLLY BACKGROUND)"
- Click Okay
ABOUT DOCUMENTS ON THE WEB
- Use PDFs whenever possible because they offer the widest compatibility across devices.
- Make an effort for your documents to be accessible for individuals who use assistive devices like screen readers for web browsing. Learn more about making accessible documents. ATU now has a campus-wide license for Adobe Acrobat so you can use that software to create and check your PDFs for accessibility.
- OU Campus does have a file size limit. If you want to upload a document that exceeds the file size limit, please submit a ticket.