Do my goals align with my audiences'
Great social media
strategy happens when you
bring your social media goals
in alignment with your
audiences’ goals. You can
start to identify where those
goals overlap by asking
- Who are your
- What are their
goals in relation to your
- What are your
goals for your social
- How do those
target audiences impact
- Do your goals
align with the goals of
- How can your
content help your
audiences achieve their
Example of goal
alignment from the
- Audience goal -
Prospective Students: Figure out if they fit
in at universities they
are interested in
account goal: Show
prospective students a
slice of life view of ATU
to help them determine if
they fit into our campus
What if my goals don't align with the target
If you find that your
goals and your audiences’
goals don’t overlap - that’s
okay. Go back to the original
reason you wanted to start
this social media
- How does that
reason affect your
- How would a social
media presence for your
unit help your
- Work through these
questions until you find
where your goals overlap
with your audiences’
What kind of content can I post to help my audiences accomplish their goals?
- Build Relationships
How does my content support and enhance the overall brand of Arkansas Tech University?
All social media accounts associated with ATU have a responsibility to support and enhance the ATU brand. Your content is a part of the larger university story. You contribute to how ATU is perceived with every social media post. Refer to the following brand dimensions to familiarize yourself with the ATU brand story. Here are some questions to ask yourself about your content:
What brand dimension does my content naturally fall into?
- Passionate - A steadfast loyalty to the causes of the Univresity and a relentless dedication to student success.
- Ethical - Committed to the highest standards and doing what's right in all practices.
- Competitive - Cultivating in students the strong skills and ingenuity to stand out and excel in an ever-changing workforce.
- Tenacious - Pushing through challenges and refusing to quit in the fight to achieve goals.
- Empowering - Providing the tools and opportunities to develop the whole person and unleash the potential of every ATU student.
- Compassionate - Being sympathetic and responsive to student needs and going above and beyond to ensure students thrive.
- Caring - A positive community atmosphere where people are approachable, accepting, and always willing to help.
- Supportive - Contributing a breadth of support and resources to serve both campus and society with excellence.
- Transformative - Providing the transformative programs and experiences to advance one's station and impact in life.
- Leading-edge - Always seeking to move beyond current positioning and improve through innovation.
- Forward-thinking - Strategically planning for the future needs of the community, business, and industry.
- Innovative - Fostering new ideas that push us to the forefront in learning, technology, research, and support.
Does my post connect to or exemplify one of the main ATU storylines?
- Our relentless dedication drives our achievement.
- Our compassionate support of the whole person empowers our potential.
- We seek to advance and transform through innovation.
Putting your strategy together
Now that you have your strategy and messaging outlined: What do the next three months of posts look like for you?
Build your content plan out as far in advance as you can so you aren’t scrambling to come up with posts at the last minute. Planning your posts in advance allows you more time to make sure you are meeting your audiences needs, producing on-brand content, and supporting the overall goals of ATU.